Friday, December 20, 2013

Experimenting

Complicated Paper before on the right and
after on the left.
I told you last time I blogged that I had purchased a DVD by the artist, Anne Bagby.

Whenever I take a class I almost always come away with ONE thing that I never forget and that really inspires me to create. In this case it was her lesson on making what she calls "complicated paper". I can't stop making this paper! It is so easy and very freeing and a great way to use up all those teeny, tiny scraps of gelli prints gone wrong! It is also a very good way to loosen up your collage skills! I do seem to be a bit rusty since my last collaging episode!

On the right side (I know it is backwards visually) you see the paper in it's raw state. On the left I traced one of my leaf designs and painted and shaded around it.

Complicated paper cut out
You can also cut out a shape from your complicated paper and use that to collage with on your support.

I can't show you how I made the paper. For that you will have to go here and buy Ann's DVD!

6 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Beautiful!! I am going to resist going there until I get my current little stack of gelli printed papers out of my system. Anne Bagby always inspires me.

Its All About Creating said...

Thank you. Beautiful work as always. As soon as I get some extra $, Anne Bagby's DVD's will be in my library. Can't wait. Wishing you warm holidays. - Marlene

tgarrett said...

I just love your work Roberta- Still haven't forgot about a trade- have been busy with a class and holiday stuff...

Susan Christensen said...

Roberta, this is fascinating and inspiring. I am off to look at Anne's site.
Best wishes at Solstice, sus

marsha said...

cool- will definitely check the video

jackie said...

I have bought her Dvd and Jane Davies'; I have wanted the later for a long time but shipping was too expensive, but that has been free recently,so when its back in stock it will be a late present to myself.