Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vase in Landscape

Vase in Landscape by Roberta Warshaw
Vase in Landscape, a photo by Roberta Warshaw on Flickr.
Click here to purchase.

Sometimes I will toil away at a piece and seemingly never get it right. At other times a piece falls in place so quickly that I hardly remember working on it. Like this one. This has everything I want a piece to have in it. Landscape qualities, good values, nice assymetry and a nice juicy grey in the background. I didn't have to paint over anything or cover anything up.

Go figure.

Most times it is not that easy but I 'll take it when I can!

Stay warm everyone!

6 comments:

Aimeslee said...

Oh Roberta Roberta Roberta!

Happy New Year and THANKYOU for all of the collage eye candy! I get all my blog reading done via inbox emails and bloglovin, so if I comment, it is RARE. Yet, here I am. Just had to tell ya how vundebar your art has been making me feel when my eyes touch it. Art on, good woman, and know that I am watching, heehee! hugz&love, Aimeslee Winans

Wendy @ the Late Start Studio said...

Ah, those moments when everything works! Isn't that what we live for?

Susan Christensen said...

Congrats Roberta - it is a lovely piece and does have a sense of ease. Love it when a painting just falls into place.
-sus

Quinn said...

Isn't it great when it all comes together at once? For me, that's rare, and I sometimes don't recognize it because I'm so used to fiddling. I have scheduled stops in my work to "really look." Love that gray in your piece. And the paper for the vase really pulls it together.

Roberta said...

Thank you so much everyone!

Diane AZ said...

I love the colors and landscape in the background and how the vase seems to move forward, cool piece!